(S)oldiers(O)f(S)evere(D)runks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our forum ... If interested in joining then go to the Recruitment Tent and post there.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Empirebmx4130 application
Monday night Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:19 pm by empirebmx4130

» forecastpaul application
Monday night Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:40 pm by pneshe

» Rifle-X's Application
Monday night Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:11 pm by Rifle-X

» Treta's App
Monday night Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:33 pm by Treta

» DrunkenFatigue Application
Monday night Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:05 pm by DrunkenFatigue

» OakeyDoke Application
Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:11 pm by cdc8705

» anybody here????
Monday night Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:26 pm by mlt24

» Never_Sober
Monday night Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:21 pm by Alkohallick

» What time do you play?
Monday night Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:11 pm by Alkohallick

Drink Impairment Test

Monday night

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ass-man46

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:16 am

Got to play with mlt24 last night. I guess im getting on to late to play with the rest of the guys. He said i just missed a few of ya. Im gettin hooked on HQ, i wish we could all get together and get good at HQ. Have a chance for a lot of kills and xp points playing this. Hopefully we can all hook up this weekend. I wont be on tonight.
Back to top Go down
mlt24

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:25 pm

ass-man46 wrote:
Got to play with mlt24 last night. I guess im getting on to late to play with the rest of the guys. He said i just missed a few of ya. Im gettin hooked on HQ, i wish we could all get together and get good at HQ. Have a chance for a lot of kills and xp points playing this. Hopefully we can all hook up this weekend. I wont be on tonight.

Yes it was cool, sorry i had to split at midnight - i had been drinking and playing for 7 straight hours and I wasn't going to get any better - lol.
Back to top Go down
mlt24

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Monday night was fun, Alkohallick is a very good host! Got to play some team work games like Catch the Flag, and TDM was a lot of fun with a whole group of teammates with mics.

Mics were good last night but the game is starting to get laggy over the last week. The first week the game was out there wasn't much lag at all.

Question: Half my deaths last night I am shooting the guy in the chest and unloading half my clip, then he points and shoots once and I am dead??? Does this guy have a perk that is making him that hard to kill with my STG-44. I notice my other Squad mates are still getting good kill/death ratio in game so it makes me wonder what I am doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
Alkohallick

Alkohallick

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:01 pm

mlt24 wrote:

Mics were good last night but the game is starting to get laggy over the last week.

Question: Half my deaths last night I am shooting the guy in the chest and unloading half my clip, then he points and shoots once and I am dead??? Does this guy have a perk that is making him that hard to kill with my STG-44. I notice my other Squad mates are still getting good kill/death ratio in game so it makes me wonder what I am doing wrong?

its all lag, if your on the back end theres nothing you can do.
the other guy in the match may not be lagging that bad.

say if im a half second behind real time(in game) and your 1 sec behind, your going to get owned compared to me.
unless the other guy just dosent see you, if hes not lagging hes going to win that battle more times than not
Back to top Go down
cdc8705

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:21 pm

Yea its better when Alky is the team leader he has more people consistantly online than i do or anyone else, and it seems like his invites are the only ones everyone can get in, It seems like me, alky an MLT are always on togather..i think we have played like 3 capture the flags and lost only one...and MLT they might have Juggernaught on, or if you watch a replay you might see that you might not of auctally hit them..It has happened to me I've thought i have hit someone 5 times and in reality didnt hit them..yea we seem to communicate really well on capture the flag maybe we should try headquarter or search and destroy to see how well we work in something like that..I might only be on for a little while today and then prob. late wednesday night like 8:30 or so because of some family thanksgiving but ill be able to play late because i dont have work thursday and ill be on a good portion thursday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cdc8705
mlt24

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:22 pm

Alkohallick wrote:
mlt24 wrote:

Mics were good last night but the game is starting to get laggy over the last week.

its all lag, if your on the back end theres nothing you can do.
the other guy in the match may not be lagging that bad.

say if im a half second behind real time(in game) and your 1 sec behind, your going to get owned compared to me.
unless the other guy just dosent see you, if hes not lagging hes going to win that battle more times than not

So is this directly related to my internet speed - or lack there of - or is something going on with the servers and it's 50/50 them or me on the short end of the stick? If I am lagging, and I am 1 second behind him, is it my internet connection or what? How does that work? I noticed last night as I played on past 10pm, my hit detection got a whole lot better, and I know for a fact my internet connection gets better later in the evening with less people in my area being online late.
Back to top Go down
mlt24

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:04 pm

Ok I have been doing some online research for lagging. This is just my opinion but from what I have been reading for whatever the cause of lag, if I see a guy skipping while running, meaning there one second then not there the next, then he is the one that is lagging, not me. So if I see a guy and I onload into him then he kills me in one shot, then he is lagging. Read this:

"Operation of a Lag Switch

When the switch is activated, the device is designed to function for a few seconds on a timer, effectively blocking all network traffic between the local game device and the Internet temporarily. Used during gameplay, the device causes the person using a lag switch to appear to opponents as frozen while in fact they are still able to play locally and gain advantages in the game. When the lag switch timer expires, the local game device will resynchronize with the online game that appears to opponents in a sudden burst."

source: http://compnetworking.about.com/od/consumerelectronicsnetworks/f/lag_switches.htm

Also from what I have been reading, it appears the biggest problem with lagging is the servers are being overloaded. But I thought COD games were P2P, thus there is no real server?????

Anyway, all of this is giving me a headache, but what gives me more of a headache is getting killed when there is lag involved. If I could do something like buy a better modem, mine is 4 years old, I would do so if it would help.

The first 2 weeks everything seemed good, now the games take longer to get into and in game lag is sucking, so hopefully this is just a temp. thing and they will fix the problems of lag.
Back to top Go down
Alkohallick

Alkohallick

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:19 pm

yeah ive heard of the "lag switch" but never did any research on it

as far as things you can do, pretty much nothing. in cod4 the host would stay the same untill he\she exits room. in codw@w after each game a new host is found.

the good thing about host migration is you dont have to get everyone back together if the host quits(in theory)

now on the down side if the host has a great connection and others dont, the host normally is the one at the top of the list in kill at the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
ass-man46

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:31 pm

I have read were people say if you are ever in a game that you see lag or think for some reason you are being out played that you should just get out and find another game. I dont no. But im with you im sick of trying to shoot guys that are skipping in air while im shooting him only to get killed my self.
Back to top Go down
mlt24

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:39 pm

I asked the lag question in the PS3 forums, it appears everyone is having the same issues of taking a long time to get into a game and in game lag. So maybe the good news is this is something that can be fixed, bad news is how long will it take - if ever - before Treyarch fixes it. I think I will go over to their forums and see what is being talked about on this issue.
Back to top Go down
cdc8705

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:48 pm

The times i see it the worst is when the host of a party or the game has a bad connection and in return it brings everyones connection down..but I noticed last night on a few games me and u played MLT that the host had a terrible connection and ended the game, and everyone had like 2 bars of connectivity then there was me with full connectivity..I typically dont lag unless other people on my team are lagging, I connect my router directly to my ps3 so i can have better connection and better strength.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cdc8705
mlt24

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 5:35 pm

cdc8705 wrote:
The times i see it the worst is when the host of a party or the game has a bad connection and in return it brings everyones connection down..but I noticed last night on a few games me and u played MLT that the host had a terrible connection and ended the game, and everyone had like 2 bars of connectivity then there was me with full connectivity..I typically dont lag unless other people on my team are lagging, I connect my router directly to my ps3 so i can have better connection and better strength.

I even skip the router and go straight from my modem.

See you guys on 2nite. If it's laggy I will wait and play later around 10pm. Last night it seemed to get better later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Monday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monday night   Monday night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monday night
Page 1 of 1