(S)oldiers(O)f(S)evere(D)runks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our forum ... If interested in joining then go to the Recruitment Tent and post there.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Empirebmx4130 application
PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:19 pm by empirebmx4130

» forecastpaul application
PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:40 pm by pneshe

» Rifle-X's Application
PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:11 pm by Rifle-X

» Treta's App
PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:33 pm by Treta

» DrunkenFatigue Application
PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:05 pm by DrunkenFatigue

» OakeyDoke Application
PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:11 pm by cdc8705

» anybody here????
PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:26 pm by mlt24

» Never_Sober
PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:21 pm by Alkohallick

» What time do you play?
PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:11 pm by Alkohallick

Drink Impairment Test

PS3 Died ...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Never_Sober
Admin
Never_Sober

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:33 pm

Well ... i've had my ps3 since release ... its always run smoothly for me. About 5 minutes ago i was checking my stats on CoD5 and my ps3 turned off, i got up to turn it back on and guess what... yellow light. Yup, ive heard about this yellow light before but i never thought it would actually happen. O well, ill probably have to send it in and pay the $150 to get it repaired which means you guys probably wont see me online for a little while.
Back to top Go down
https://sosd.forumotion.com
ass-man46

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 4:40 pm

No shit....... i just seen your post on the big site, THAT SUCKS. Im sorry to here about that. Hope your not down to long. Whats the turn around time when you have to send it off?
Back to top Go down
Alkohallick

Alkohallick

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:15 pm

wow, thats effed up, ive been reading that 2 that w@w was killing ps3's. im might go back to cod4 untill they get this cleared up.

dont listen to what people say when they bash others for agreeing with them

i was 1 of the few whose ps3 died after firmware 2.whatever the hell that they pulled the same day.

took 2 days to get coffin(they overnight it), about a week to get back(standard 3-5 day shipping)

just depends on what part of the week it ships, UPS dosent work weekends and you cant even PAY for overnight return shipping
Back to top Go down
cdc8705

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:35 pm

That really sucks Never maybe thats why we couldnt get in a game togather? mine crashed on me like 3 or 4 months ago and it wouldnt read the disc or anything and thought it might have been the hard drive..Luckly i was still under the manufacture warranty and sent it back and like a week later i got it back and has worked great since..the same thing also happened to a buddy of mine...But Hopfully you wont be down to long..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cdc8705
mlt24

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:42 pm

Dude my condolences to you and your PS3. That is like the worst news; suddenly our lag issues aren't so big. Chin up man, enjoy the Holidays. I am sure somebody you know will be happy you are away from that **** machine for a dew days.

Get that thing well soon.
Back to top Go down
Alkohallick

Alkohallick

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:25 am

did you notice anything wierd about how your ps3 was working
while in cod5?

i ask because for the last 3 nights i'll be in a game, the game will freeze for about 30sec-2min, during this time i do nothing, after said time the game will start playing again but i'll be in the room by myself and it says enemies forfeiting in 10 sec and i get the win.

i have lights on my modem so i can see from the couch that i didnt loose connection, im just wondering whats up. after it happened last night i took the game out and played cod4 for about 1 hour with no problems
Back to top Go down
mlt24

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:20 am

Alkohallick wrote:
did you notice anything wierd about how your ps3 was working
while in cod5?

i ask because for the last 3 nights i'll be in a game, the game will freeze for about 30sec-2min, during this time i do nothing, after said time the game will start playing again but i'll be in the room by myself and it says enemies forfeiting in 10 sec and i get the win.

i have lights on my modem so i can see from the couch that i didnt loose connection, im just wondering whats up. after it happened last night i took the game out and played cod4 for about 1 hour with no problems

Alkohallick I can tell you for certain, you can loose connection temp. and your lights will show perfect connection. I have had this happen to me, not in the game, but when using my computer and have lost connection in and out at times for as long as 1 minute. Even had my cable tech guy over when it happened. He explained it to me but all I can say is the lights don't always stall when your connection takes a bump in and out. They will just keep on flashing like nothings wrong.

So was last night play still laggy? Something wrong with their servers or setup during peak hours.
Back to top Go down
Alkohallick

Alkohallick

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:05 pm

last night i only played, well tried to play 4 matches.

like i said, the game would start somewhere near the begining/middle of the match my screen\sound effects\everthing just paused and like a minute later i would be in that same match but only by myself.
Back to top Go down
mlt24

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Alkohallick wrote:
last night i only played, well tried to play 4 matches.

like i said, the game would start somewhere near the begining/middle of the match my screen\sound effects\everthing just paused and like a minute later i would be in that same match but only by myself.

I think it was on their end, not your machine (fingers crossed). On the forums everyone is having crazy problems. The one you describe is just too crazy! I have been trying to get into the forums on the COD website and so far no luck getting in. IT won't take my password or send me a way to make a new one via email so I dunno know.

Oh well, I thought those first 2 weeks were to good to be true!
Back to top Go down
Never_Sober
Admin
Never_Sober

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Yea i was having some freezing problems on cod5 before it happened ... but after doing a lot of reading i doubt its because of the game, just a coincidence. People say theres no way a game can crash ur ps3 like that, and i believe them. Hopefully i wont be out for too long, to be honest im suprised how well i reacted ... usually i break stuff when im mad Razz
Back to top Go down
mlt24

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:07 pm

I bought the Walmart extended waranty with my 60gig machine so I have a few more years. I am hoping that means when and if mine breaks I can take it to Walmart and exchange for new one. What worries me is personal information left on hardrive? Is our personal banking info on the hardrive itself or just on the Sony servers? That is the only stuff I have bought online using my PS3.
Back to top Go down
Alkohallick

Alkohallick

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 2:46 pm

not really sure, since you bought it from walmart you may be able to just remove the hard drive and take it back, if some old lady does the return she may not know that a hard drive should even be in there lol!
Back to top Go down
mlt24

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:51 pm

You are exaclty right, that is what I will do. IT's not like they can check it, it will be broke anyway. And whatever they do with it afterwards, like send it to Sony for repair parts, or refurbish it, and contact me later saying where is it. I will just tell them it was there when I gave it back, someone must have removed it and then get mad and say what about my personal info? Maybe they will give me a free game or something for their supposed goof, lol.

IT's not that I am a theif, I just have never given anyone a hard drive of mine. Too much personal info there. I would destroy if before I would give it to someone else.
Back to top Go down
Never_Sober
Admin
Never_Sober

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:12 pm

When you get the yellow light the problem isnt the hard drive. I have 2 hard drives for my ps3, a 60gb and a 100gb ... my 60gb got the yellow light, so i tried my 100 gb in there after and still had the same problem (yellow light).

Its something else inside thats fucked up, thats why you have to go through all the effort of sending it back in ... or else you could just go to some store near by and they would fix it for you.
Back to top Go down
mlt24

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:25 pm

Never_Sober wrote:
When you get the yellow light the problem isnt the hard drive. I have 2 hard drives for my ps3, a 60gb and a 100gb ... my 60gb got the yellow light, so i tried my 100 gb in there after and still had the same problem (yellow light).

Its something else inside thats fucked up, thats why you have to go through all the effort of sending it back in ... or else you could just go to some store near by and they would fix it for you.

I didn't think it was your hardrive, your situation just got me to thinking about if it happens to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PS3 Died ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Died ...   PS3 Died ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 Died ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
(S)oldiers(O)f(S)evere(D)runks :: Welcome Center :: Random Chat-
Jump to: