(S)oldiers(O)f(S)evere(D)runks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to our forum ... If interested in joining then go to the Recruitment Tent and post there.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Empirebmx4130 application
Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:19 pm by empirebmx4130

» forecastpaul application
Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:40 pm by pneshe

» Rifle-X's Application
Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:11 pm by Rifle-X

» Treta's App
Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:33 pm by Treta

» DrunkenFatigue Application
Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:05 pm by DrunkenFatigue

» OakeyDoke Application
Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:11 pm by cdc8705

» anybody here????
Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:26 pm by mlt24

» Never_Sober
Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:21 pm by Alkohallick

» What time do you play?
Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:11 pm by Alkohallick

Drink Impairment Test

Strategy and game style

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mlt24

Strategy and game style Empty
PostSubject: Strategy and game style   Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:27 pm

OK this is a big one for me because I need some help getting better. Was hoping we could share strategy, how we approach map(s) and or game style, type of game. I play TDM more than the others so I will refer more to that game type.

I have decided to use one gun, the STG 44 with telescope (longest scope), Bouncing Betties, Extreme Conditioning, and Bandolier (larger magazine pack). I remember when trying to get better at COD4 a lot of people told me to stick with one gun and just try to get better and better. So this is what I am trying to do.

I have decided to go with the longer scope because I can get kills much farther away, and get great medium range kills. So my strategy is to not be a front runner, more of a support player and also get to be a sniper because this scope and gun does real well. As for close up, I have to shoot from the hip because the scope is to slow and sloppy at close range.

I usually start the game by finding a descent place to sit that gives me a long range view, and hopefully a view of the area my teammates, front runners, are doing battle. So then when a teammate is shooting to his left at close range, I look to his backside for anyone looking to get an easy kill. I take great pride in helping my teammate that way. I just have decided I am not good enough at close range, front runners, to help my team out enough so this is what I have come up with and am trying to get good at it no matter what map.

With using this strategy over the last week I have managed to keep my K/D ratio around 1.15. On TDM an average score for me would be 8 kills, 3 deaths. I know it is not a lot of points but I at least have given my team positive points towards victory. And if I continue to concentrate on one style of play, get to know the maps better, and our team gets better at utilizing one another skills, the I should get much higher kills.

So I thought I would throw this out there to get feedback on what I may be doing wrong and get suggestions on how to make it better. I also thought this section would help us decide on who does what we finally get enough members and get more organized.
Back to top Go down
Alkohallick

Alkohallick

PostSubject: Re: Strategy and game style   Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 11:51 am

the stg is a decent gun just fires slow
try the double tap with it and keep bandeleir???
Back to top Go down
mlt24

PostSubject: Re: Strategy and game style   Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 2:20 pm

Alkohallick wrote:
the stg is a decent gun just fires slow
try the double tap with it and keep bandeleir???

Yes I forgot to mention I was using double tap. The problem I have with that is it fires too fast and causes recoil and I loose my accuracy. I have been experimenting with Deeper impact instead and no double tap.

I love the mp40 speed over the STG 44 for sure, but it sucks at mid to long range compared to the STG 44. So I have decided to use the MP40 with extra amo on that one very small map with dot site, the STG 44 with dot site on med maps, and the biggest maps the STG 44 with scope.

With all maps I have perk Extreme Conditioning with extra Granades. ON large map I use Boucin Beties, but not on med to small. I find myself getting killed to often trying to set the BB on med to small maps.

So I am still tweaking but my main strategy is to still be a support guy and not front runner.
Back to top Go down
Alkohallick

Alkohallick

PostSubject: Re: Strategy and game style   Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 4:54 pm

yeah i totally agree, planting those betties get me killed
on those small maps
Back to top Go down
cdc8705

PostSubject: Re: Strategy and game style   Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:59 pm

I use either the Type 100 or the SVT 40 both with apature scope and both with betty's lead foot, deep impact, the other perk that gives you more damage per hit...the bettys i go and plant on the sides of doors so they are hidden but still blow up and get people. I usually sneak around for a few mins till either i get a few kills or get killed and then by that time i figure out where most of the other team is hiding and sneak around the backways to try and get them. Im working on getting the apature scope for my mp40..I hate to snipe so i typically dont use sniper rifles..I never use juggernaut and since i had been playing hardcore on COD4 i've gotten use to not using last stand or martyrdom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cdc8705
Kemo

PostSubject: re   Strategy and game style Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:53 pm

I dont have a fav gun i usually use a variety... depending on the map. i play Domination the most and you really need 2 people groups at least to cap a flag, cause it caps faster the more people you have and ur just a sitting duck if ur trying to cap by urself... im interested to get our groups together and work out stratiges...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strategy and game style   Strategy and game style Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strategy and game style
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
(S)oldiers(O)f(S)evere(D)runks :: SOSD Members Only :: Call of Duty : World at War-
Jump to: